2012 in Review
What a year! It might be the high levels of omega-3s, but we are feeling really good as we start out 2013.
It was a full year as we worked our fins off to get our customers the freshest sustainable seafood around.
Here are some of 2012’s highlights:
- Captain Rocky Burns became a full-time i love blue sea team member, bringing with him an extensive insider knowledge of the fishing industry, obscure C-movie quotes, and a lot of enthusiasm for i love blue sea’s mission.
- i love blue sea joins forces with SeaWeb.
- For Father’s Day we had a “Dadliest Catch” special.
- President Obama enjoyed Coho Salmon from i love blue sea at a luncheon catered by our friends at Credo Restaurant. We know now for a fact that our President has great taste in seafood.
- We had two more part-time additions in August: Danielle as our Deckhand/Blogger, and Giovanna as our Resident Natural Chef.
- Rocky and Martin headed to the East Coast for the Red’s Best soft opening party.
- San Francisco residents might have caught a glimpse of the i love blue sea team at Off the Grid’s “Picnic at the Presidio” series.
- i love blue sea jetsetter Martin had a busy fall, traveling to Hong Kong for Seaweb’s International Seafood Summit, Austin, TX for SXSW, and Seattle, WA for the Seafood Chef’s Collaborative.
- On a sunny morning in October, we moved to Pier 45, where we currently share a warehouse with our friends at TwoXSea.
- To continue getting our customers the freshest in sustainable seafood, we started our product offerings from scratch to focus on seafood direct from the producers. Between Halloween and Christmas, we’ve added an average of one producer a week.
- Matt, Martin, and Rocky made friends with a wise old sea lion named Sammy at Pier 45. Check out our facebook page for pictures and upcoming videos!
- It's the season for Dungeness crabs, and we can't get enough!
Whew, we told you we were excited.
2013 is shaping up to be even bigger for i love blue sea. We’re finding the freshest sustainable seafood from around the country, which means even more producers delivering direct from their docks to your door.
Thank you for staying hooked and Happy New Year!