Green-lipped Mussels Recipe – Kiwi Candy!
New Zealanders, or Kiwis as they’re affectionately called, have some of the most beautiful landscapes as you saw in ‘Lord of the Rings’. Since Frodo didn’t venture off to sea until the very last scene, you may not know how pristine the oceans are surrounding these islands just over 1500 miles north of Antarctica. Grown in these chilly, clean waters are green-lipped mussels. They’re beautiful, sustainable, and oh so delicious. A simple recipe involves kewpie or mayonnaise and sriracha or any hot sauce.
1. Preheat the oven on low broil
2. Mix the kewpie and sriracha to taste (or mayo and hot sauce)
3. Line up the mussels on baking trays and spoon some sauce on top of each
4. Broil for 4-8 minutes – depending on desired texture.
5. Serve and prepare to be popular!