Stir-Fried Pacific Squid
With Thai-inspired flavors, this Pacific squid recipe is easy to prepare and delicious.
Stir-Fried Squid with Garlic, Chilies, & Basil
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 pounds whole Pacific squid, cleaned
- Zest and juice of 2 small limes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 to 3 serrano chilies, thinly sliced (remove seeds for a milder version)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the squid bodies into rings about ¼ inch thick. Leave the tentacles whole.
- Mix the lime zest and juice with the honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook about 10 to 20 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the serranos and the squid. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 to 4 minutes until squid is cooked through but still tender.
- Stir in the lime juice mixture and the basil leaves, allowing the basil to wilt slightly.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt.
Posted Jun 5th by Danielle