Get Crystal to Hong Kong!!!
Crystal founded the non-profit Fish Revolution to improve the health of marine fish populations by educating and assisting consumers, restaurants, and companies, like i love blue sea, on making responsible seafood choices.
Please donate by August 31, 2012 to bring the work of Fish Revolution to the international sustainable seafood conversation in Hong Kong September 6-8, 2012 at the International Seafood Summit.
Our fundraising goal is $2,000 for airfare and conference registration. ANY AMOUNT YOU DONATE WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!
SeaWeb’s Seafood Summit is an annual event bringing together global representatives from the seafood industry and conservation community for in-depth discussions, presentations and networking around the issue of sustainable seafood.
Key Facts about the Asian Seafood Market
- Almost 90% of global aquaculture production takes place in Asia with China alone accounting for over 25% of world production
- 8 of the top 10 aquaculture producing countries are in Asia
- 6 of the top 10 marine and inland fisheries producing countries are in Asia
- While fisheries and aquaculture are major employers in many regions, 85% of all people employed globally in the fisheries and aquaculture sector reside in Asia
- China is the largest seafood exporter at almost US$10.2 billion annually
Fish Revolution provides sustainable seafood education, menu assessments, staff training and sustainable seafood sourcing assistance to consumers, restaurants and chefs throughout the Bay Area to facilitate a shift from unsustainable seafood items to a 100% sustainable menu.